Lake Oswego Veneers for Your New Gorgeous Smile – What to Expect
If you live near Lake Oswego and are ready to transform your smile, look no further than Japanese dentist Dr. Manami Yamaguchi and Dental Arts and Wellness. Dr. Yamaguchi offers a range of dental procedures including veneers for your new gorgeous smile. Your smile impacts your appearance, your confidence, and your relationships. Personally and professionally, a winning smile helps you make a good impression. Cosmetic dental procedures offer patients options to easily transform their smiles. Porcelain veneers are a popular treatment for enhancing the smile.
What are veneers?
In the 1920s, veneers were originally conceived and used to temporarily transform actors’ smiles while performing. Now, a beautiful smile is available to anyone searching for permanent smile enhancement. Veneers can improve the appearance of a single tooth or an entire set to create a gorgeous smile makeover. Today’s veneers are made of ultra-thin porcelain shells. The porcelain material closely resembles natural tooth enamel in color and opalescence. They are applied to the front of the teeth to improve cosmetic imperfections. The end result is an even, winning smile.
Veneers are versatile and have multiple uses. They can transform a single tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire set. Veneers makeover the smile and disguise cosmetic problems. They are individually fabricated in the appropriate color, shape, and size to ensure a natural result. They dramatically enhance the smile. Veneers are a cosmetic dental option. They are not designed to correct issues with the bite or major orthodontic needs. However, they address a number of aesthetic concerns including the following:
- Discolorations and stains, including tetracycline stains
- Chipped teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Gaps and spacing issues
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
What to expect
Cosmetic dentistry has increased in popularity in recent years. Enhancing the smile is a simple, yet dramatic way to improve an individual’s physical appearance. Patients considering smile enhancement should have a dental consultation with Dr. Yamaguchi. This allows the dentist to examine the patient’s oral health, medical history, and desired outcomes. She checks to make sure the oral cavity is healthy and that nothing can interfere with the process. The pros and cons of possible procedures are discussed.
If veneers are chosen for smile enhancement, more than one appointment is needed. First, the teeth are prepped. Veneers are about the thickness of a fingernail. In order for the veneers to lay flat and flush with the tooth, a very small amount of the surface enamel must be removed. Your dentist takes impressions of your teeth and makes notes on the size, shape, and color of the teeth. A shading guide helps select the appropriate color. Taking the impressions and collecting the information ensures your veneers look beautiful and natural. This information is sent to an off-site laboratory so your custom veneers can be fabricated.
When your veneers are finished, you can return to the office for placement. The teeth are cleaned and polished. An acid etching gel is used to roughen the teeth. The veneers are cemented into place. Your dentist removes any residual material then checks your teeth and your bite for issues. You can leave the office with your veneers in place and a gorgeous new smile.
Benefits of veneers
As a popular cosmetic dental service, veneers offer a number of benefits for complete smile enhancement.
- Veneers are very thin. The shells of porcelain are less than 1mm in thickness which is about the thickness of a fingernail. This ensures the veneers are flush and smoothly applied to the natural teeth.
- The porcelain material functionally and aesthetically resembles natural tooth enamel. The material is sturdy, durable, and long-lasting. It can withstand the functions of a natural tooth. Patients can eat and speak normally. Aesthetically, porcelain matches the natural teeth in color and opalescence.
- Veneers are a completely customized treatment from start to finish. No two patients have the exact same result. The veneers are created using impressions and notes about the patient’s teeth. This ensures the veneers suit the patient’s mouth and look natural.
- Cosmetically, veneers are versatile and address a number of dental concerns to transform the smile.
Veneers effectively disguise imperfections of the teeth and are an effective cosmetic treatment for your new gorgeous smile. Contact Dental Arts and Wellness in Lake Oswego, OR to schedule your appointment with Dr. Yamaguchi. Call 503 603-0700.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page